This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Pin it Forward: What Home Means to Me

As part of a group of 300 bloggers who are collectively 'pinning' and posting to the note of "what home means to me" on Pinterest, here is my contribution to this Pin it Forward project.

I can feel at home when I am not in my apartment. When I am in my apartment, I can miss home. Often times, home feels like my mom's house, but not always - not the lonely times, but the times when all 4 of us (my mom, dad, brother and I) were together, not fighting, just enjoying each other's company. In that sense, home feels like Calgary (where my mom and brother live), or Alberta generally . . .or, more often than anything else, home feels like the Canadian Rockies. I love the wide-open feeling, endless sky and varied landscape.
Home feels natural.

Even though I live in Vancouver, I've never felt at home here. I am surrounded by nature, but still, something is missing. Is it my family, the fact that I moved here, primarily to go to University again and it has been very stressful, or the lack of comfort? 
Home can be a cozy nook, a cool day spent under a comforter. . .
My best friend always makes me feel at home. Whenever he and I are together, I feel comfort. 

You can follow my pinboards here, check out the image sources, and check out some of the other boards as well.

The next blog in my group is brownhairblueribbon, who will be continuing with this theme, posting about what home means to her, on Monday (June 7)! Thank you sfgirlbybay and Pinterest for putting together this fun project! I hope that you've all had a chance to check out my fellow 'pinners' who have posted before me, on this list. There are still about 200 more blogs and bloggers' work to check out in the coming weeks! I don't know about you, but I've discovered so many great blogs to add to my 'follow' list through Pin it Forward.

To be sure not to miss any Being Tazim updates subscribe via Rss Reader