Why 31? Well, 1 - I will be turning 30 on June 30th, which isn't too far away! 2 - Some things I want to accomplish will be happening after June, and they are important to me so I want to put them on this list. I debated for a long time about whether or not to make this list. The idea that I must achieve this or that by an arbitrary age seemsto me, but I do love lists.
Me with one of my favorite shirts at the time - A Cabbage Patch Kid with a jumping rope!
I should tell you that I am someone who feels as though they have missed out on something by not chronicling it somehow. I have kept journals/diaries for years and take hundreds of pictures.
Here is my list in no particular order. As I work through these I'll post about my progress.
- Put together an etsy store for pottery
- Achieve my fitness goals
- See a chiropractor
- Get a physical check-up
- Go on the Westcoast Express Train
- Start playing the violin
- Go to Montreal
- Graduate from UBC
- Shoot and edit a video
- Organize iPhoto into proper events, tags, etc. and a back-up
- Learn to sew
- Get a hot-stone massage
- Take an audio-tour at a museum or gallery
- See Final Fantasy (Owen Pallett) live
- Go to the VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Go sailing
- Go to 10 new (for me) museums or cultural institutions
- Learn how to sew (something simple)
- Read the Nelson Mandela book I was given several years ago
- Get a pedicure
- Go through my clothes and personal items and sell/donate what I don't like, want or wear
- Find a job
- Read 5 novels (might not seem like a lot, but with school texts, I haven't been reading much else for years)
- Make pizza from scratch
- Fit into my just-in-case skinny jeans
- Buy some high heels suitable/comfortable enough for work
- Exercise for at least 15 minutes a day for 2 weeks
- Leave the house everyday for 1 month (think I'll do this one in Summer)
- Start the Hindi course by CD I have had for years
- Buy my mom some new glasses
- Study costuming/fashion history in some way
Do you have a similar list?