This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Monday, June 28, 2010

CSN Stores Review Teaser. The Importance of Lighting

I happily received an e-mail the other day from a kind rep at CSN stores offering me the chance to do a review of a product from one of their 200+ stores! Being an interior decorator, and A.L.A. (American Lighting Association) expert, I immediately thought to look for lights.

Lighting is really important, especially in gloomy Vancouver where we get very little sunlight throughout the year. I like to have portable lighting that I can move through different rooms and take with me when I move. This is important for apartment-dwellers like me.

While it is preferable to use natural lighting to illuminate a space, environmentally, this isn't always practical  in every situation. CSNlighting.com has a 'go green' tab on their store page so that you can take a look at energy-star rated lights for every room. I definitely recommend using fluorescent or other energy-efficient lighting (fixtures or bulbs) when possible, while also keeping in mind the different types of lighting you might need: task, general and ambient lighting.

Here are a few of the lamps I selected to show you the wide range of styles and prices within this 'go green' category:





I haven't quite decided what item from the many CSN stores I would like to review, yet - there are too many great things to choose from!