This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ecclectic Ladyland Studio Feature

Angelique from Ecclectic Ladyland creates beaded jewelry items, which she sells on Artfire. Do check out her store, if only to take a look at her great store banner! Angelique shared some information with me about her life and art practice, as well as some photos of her studio and a work in progress:





Tell us a bit about yourself and your family!
My name is Angelique, 30-yrs old, and I've been a bead lover since I was a teenager. No husband or children, so I am able to spend all my free time doing what I like the most.

How did you come up with your shop name?
I didn't mean for my shop name to be 'Drunkenmimes,' which comes from a song lyric, but I like it. I call myself Ecclectic LadyLand, a spin on a Jimi Hendrix album title. I like to think that I make stuff to fit a variety of tastes. And down the line, as I evolve my craft, it will be more and more true.

Where do you create your items?
I live in the High Desert in California, and my workstation is set up in what is supposed to be the dining area of my house.

What is your favourite item in your shop and why?
My favorite item is the Brown and Bronze Triple Strand Necklace. It was my very first triple strand piece.


Apart from creating beautiful pieces, what else do you do?
I love cooking and reading books, and I work in a warehouse/distribution center

Any advice on selling things handmade?
Do your very best to be unique, and use all of the networking you can to get your name out there

Why should people buy homemade?
Better quality, and uniqueness. You will be the proud owner of something that was made with TLC in every detail, as opposed to something mass-produced in a factory and sold at thousands of percent profit.

Any other sites you can be found on?
Ecclectic LadyLand on Cargoh.com
Twitter