This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Themed Party Decor - Sailing Over the Ocean Blue

How would you decorate for a 30th birthday party? Greg's birthday was this past Saturday and, even though we didn't have a party with guests, I had really wanted to throw him a party but no one we know is in town. What would I do? I'd throw a sailing party, of course!
The invitations would be sent on our "Two Tiny Bears Against the World" greeting cards.

I like the red striped tablecloth and the striped napkin rings from this collection:

But, as for the rest, I find it too kiddy - here a few of my picks to class it up a bit:
I'd use the favours and candle holders on the tables, plus the place cards. The bottles would be for putting in a special message for Greg, from each of the attendees. 
The party would end with a sunset sail!

Other resources:
-Betty Crocker recipe for sailboat cake
-BirdCrafts' Nautical Themed Party

Check out these other great parties for decor ideas:
-Fiesta 40 Party
-Splish Splash Pool Party
-Christmas in July Party
-Day in the Garden Party