This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Being a Costumer: Firefly Fashion

Anyone remember this great cowboys-in-space show: Firefly, and the movie Serenity? Firefly is one of my favorite tv shows and I especially love Nathan Fillion's character Malcolm Reynolds. The show has a great fan-base, despite only having been on for 1 season, and I'm sure the outfits are replicated at just about every geeky convention! Just do a search and you'll see just how many pictures come up!
The above are not the outfits from the show, but just a cast photo that I liked.

These are more of the classic outfits from the show. I would dress up like Malcom's right-hand girl Zoe (the one with the pretty curly hair on the right). Maybe I will some day. 

Here is a duct-tape version of the above outfits from the show
Photos from My Disguises


This is a classic Kaylee look that many people seem to replicate at different conventions. 

The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes has a great page on how to get different looks depending on the character you're wanting to dress up as.

This is from the page of fashion designer for Firefly, Shawna.