This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Being a Traveller: A.D.I.D.A.T. - Montreal





ADIDAT

adidat montreal


What inspired me to think of this location: There are actually 2 reasons  - 
  1. Sunday night I saw Owen Pallett (formerly known as Final Fantasy) in concert. See this post for explanation.
  2. This week I start the 3rd of 4 french language classes at UBC. 
Where is it/Who lives there? 1,620,693/ 3,268,513 People live in Montréal, located here:




What most appeals to me about Montréal? 
Being all the way in Vancouver, Montréal seems so exotic and elegant - a little like being in Europe, but slightly closer to home (and I don't need to get there with my passport!). . . where people speak french, places stay open late (anything is late when things close at 5pm here). 

What is there to do in Montréal?
Lots! I am dedicating this week to all things Montréal and will be exploring things related to art, design, architecture and fashion in Montréal, so come back everyday this week!