This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sustainable Handmade Goods Direct from Independent Artists

Being Lucky/Being an Environmentalist
This enormous prize-pack from Cosa Verde, an incredible marketplace featuring sustainable handmade goods made by independent artists. It is a carefully juried selection of the best in conflict-free, recycled, repurposed, organic and even vegan (!) items for the home, office and  wardrobe. Talk about lucky! I entered to win the giveaway on Modish Blog, presented by Cosa Verde for Earth Day, and lucky me, look at all that I won: 

I am so happy to have won all these great items! Have you been to Modish Blog yet? There is a section called Modish Biz Tips on the site with all kinds of useful information for 
creative businesses. 

All the sustainable goodies I received:
  1. Bracelet Purse from Megan Leone 
  2. Vintage Fabric Sleepy Owl from pouch | blog
  3. Eco-binder and a set of Eco-tabs from UrbanPosture
  4. Recycled Silver Circle Bunny Earrings from Figs & Ginger
  5. Candy Wrapper Headband from La Alicia
  6. Vintage Upcycled Earrings by alex keller
  7. One of a kind Recycled Fabric Scarf from Design Knit Fun
  8. Suit Wallet from prix-prix
  9. Cupcake apron from Glue and Glitter
  10. Vintage Scalloped Party Garland from Sparkle Power
  11. Terrestre Solid Natural Perfume from illuminatedperfume 
  12. Billboard Banner Storage Bin from NottyPooch
  13. Huckleberry Lip Balm from Little Batch Botanicals
A few pieces, like the fabric owl (which smells like lavender!) and the vintage scalloped party garland have made their way into my room. I'll show some pictures when I take them.