This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Post-Birthday

I turned 30 a week ago today and haven't yet reported on how my birthday went!

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am no longer taking a french course this summer, and therefore had my birthday off from school. I normally would have my Hindi Film (Bollywood) class the next day, a Thursday, but because of the Canada Day holiday, I got it off...and had a nice, 6 day weekend!

One of my gifts was a 'treasure chest' filled, in part, with a gift card for the Sony store to use towards some e-books for my Sony e-book reader, and a card listing the activities we will be enjoying during our mini-break in September! I will talk about budget and planning for that trip on one or some of my Travel Thursday posts. Basically, we will be using up some expiring-soon and other travel points to stay in hotels for free and taking an over-night cruise from Vancouver to Seattle (only 29$ or so!), for a trip to Seattle and down to Portland for a few days. I am so excited, as I had been wanting to go down to Portland for a long time, and I love Seattle.

Since the weather for the entire (mostly) month of June was wretched (muggy and grey), I didn't do much for my birthday outside, like I had wanted to.This picture is from last year, when we went to Victoria, on Vancouver Island (the provincial capital of B.C.) for 2 days.

And I had a picture of the Tardis cake that Greg made me but he made me take it down.

It was a (vegan) Tardis cake made with buttercream frosting, lemon cake and chocolate cake layers. It was delicious! If you don't know, I am a huge Doctor Who (new series, starting in 2005 onwards) fan! No pictures of my birthday party, because I didn't have one. G and I spent the time together and I was served delicious food all weekend!