This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Chennai - Travel Thursday

All Day I Dream About Travelling


India - Delhi - 2004 - Red Fort/Shahjahanabad/Lal Q'ilaI have been thinking about my trip to India a lot lately. This isn't something new, I think about that trip a lot. Greg and I travelled around India for almost 6 months, to many major cities east, south and then north. Today I was thinking about Chennai, and delicious pizza. Yes, the pizza in India is amazing - the italian style ones in Goa with lots of fresh olive oil and garlic, but also the pizza (which was vegan!) from Pizza Hut and Domino's. The Domino's pizza came with oregano and chilli and was really good. When we needed a change from dhal and rice with lots of kachumber, or dosas and sambar, pizza was on the menu! I think that it is safe to say that when I travel, I love to eat!

I don't have pictures of the pizza I ate nor of Chennai uploaded - so here are some of Delhi's Red Fort instead...which makes me think more of rice (Lal Qila, another name for it, brand is my favourite kind of basmati rice) than pizza:

India - Delhi - 2004 - Red Fort/Shahjahanabad/Lal Q'ila



India - Delhi - 2004 - Red Fort/Shahjahanabad/Lal Q'ila

India - Delhi - 2004 - Red Fort/Shahjahanabad/Lal Q'ila