This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poster Art - Brown Background Natural Colours

As an art historian, it's no secret that I love art (it's a requirement). I'm not picky when it comes to what I consider beautiful art, though. Unlike a certain art history professor I once had (who happened to be the head of the department!), I believe in relativism. I don't think that there is just good and bad art ( I mean, who decides, anyway?), but that all art has its place. I appreciate poster art because of the strong graphic qualities - one doesn't stand reading a poster for 10 minutes. . .it needs to immediately grab a viewer's attention. 
I have no idea what the Black Keys' music sounds like, but this poster makes me want to have gone to the show. It might be appealing because of the trend towards all things Alice in Wonderland, though?!

I love these Avett Brothers posters:



and this one:


all posters via French Paper