This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Being a Student: Last Day of Classes

Today was the last day of classes for the semester! The weather is amazing - sunny and warm with a bit of a breeze. I know that I haven't talked much about this persona (being a student), but that is probably because I spend so much of my time in class, researching, writing papers etc. that I don't want to think about being a student when I get home. It is by far my biggest/most time-consuming persona. 

I am so happy that classes are over and that I now have 2 papers to write and my final exams (4 of them the last week of April!!) left. I am taking 2 French classes and a Hindi film class this Summer. . . and that's it for my undergrad career!!  

That isn't it for me being a student, though - I don't know if or when I'll go for my master's degree (or what I will focus on), but I will definitely continue to study on my own and through different courses of interest. There are so many things that I am interested in, and studying them outside of a rigid school environment  might actually be a good thing! 

The day started out beautifully, despite my 9:30am class (that I left for at 7:40), but ended cloudily: