This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Being a Correspondent: 31 before 31: Mom's Glasses

Glasses can be really expensive at optometrist offices, even for the most basic pair. My mom wears progressive glasses, which are even more expensive! I have been wanting to get my mom some new, stylish glasses for years and recently I had just that opportunity. Even though one of my cousins owns an optometry clinic (is that what they are called?) it is still much cheaper to buy glasses elsewhere.

In fulfillment of one of my '31 things to do before turning 31' I bought my mom some glasses from Clearly Contacts.  I wasn't sure if I could trust an online store for buying glasses, but since G. has been buying contacts (what they are perhaps most famous for) from them for a while now, I thought that I would give them a try. They have a great return policy if you aren't completely happy, which really helped me make my decision. Last Summer I bought my first pair of glasses from Clearly Contacts, and I now have 3 pairs from them (Calvin Klein, Georgio Armani and Modo).

Clearly Contacts, founded right here in Vancouver, is the Canadian online glasses/contacts/sunglasses company with Coastal Contacts in the USA, Lens Way in the UK and Clearly Contacts in Australia and New Zealand.

They were having a 50% off sale (which included basic lenses with free scratch proofing and anti-reflective coating), so it worked out really well for me. The glasses that I bought for her are below:

What do you think of them?