This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy American Independence Day!

I hope my American readers are having a great Sunday and weekend celebrating Independence Day! You may not know this, but I lived in the USA for 10 years. I moved to Houston, Texas in 1982 until 1992, with my parents and older brother. My dad was transferred to San Francisco for about a year, and we lived there with him for a few months, before returning to Houston. My dad still lives in Texas - in a small city named Midland on the opposite side of Houston, close-ish to the Mexican border (well, close in Canadian terms, maybe).



I must find out some important dates for other countries, too. . .I am lucky enough to have some great readers from Australia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Japan, India. . .where else?! Anyway, I don't want to seem biased, so I'll have to go look-up some dates! I mean, I should at least celebrate Waitangi Day (it was in February), since I lived in New Zealand for a year!