This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prairie Star Jewels Artist Feature

The first thing I noticed when I looked at Deb's shop is how light and peaceful the store looks. The shop banner's soothing colours work well with the jewelry, which also takes on the same tones. 

A Short Bio:
My name is Deb Williams and I am the jewelry designer behind Prairie Star Jewels. Thanks to my parents I have always been interested in making things. I have made macramé, tole painted, made clay creatures, stationery, wooden snowmen, feather earrings and Picture Frames just to name a few.


I have been laid off from the corporate cubicle world for a year and finally decided to do something fun. I had been making some jewelry for art shows to go along with the picture frames. I decided no more frames (not creative enough). That left me with my jewelry where the sky is the limit.


I love sitting down with a bunch of supplies around me and just having ideas come to me. Sometimes I sit up all night. There are times in the morning though when I look at these late night creations and wonder why I didn’t go to bed!
I always wanted a fun and creative job. Now I have it at least for awhile. My favorite saying is ‘Do what you love, love what you do’ and I am living it up!

Deb let me take a look at her work space:


I love how organized Deb's jewelry making supplies are!
Deb's jewelry shows amazing diversity, as you can see here: 



You can find Deb and Prairie Star Jewels here:
Facebook
Etsy - Praire Star Jewels
Etsy - Prairie Silver Supply