This blog is now permanently located and updated regularly here - BeingTazim.com

Please visit my new blog URL!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Shoes I Own - Favourite Things Project

the code for this button is in the right sidebar

Favourite Shoes I own
Forrest Gump: Momma always says there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes.
So, what do your shoes say about you?

These are my current hiking boots. I haven't been able to wear them very often - it doesn't get cold enough here in the winter to wear them then (like I used to wear my hiking boots during winter in Calgary), and I can't afford to go on trails very often. I lugged these all the way to New Zealand when I lived there for a year, and didn't make much use of them. . .it was often too hot to wear them, and we didn't do a whole lot of hiking. 

Shoes by John Fluevog, a Vancouver-based shoe designer.
I talked about these shoes in this post. These are the shoes I wear most often - mostly the dark ones, which go travelling with me. These ones say that I am vegan  - these are totally non-animal based. They also might say that I like casual shoes (I don't wear or even own heels), that are comfortable. 

Now, it's your turn - what are your favourite shoes that you own and what do (you think) they say about you? Please don't forget to comment after you link up your posts so that I can come check out your blog!! 

New to the project? 
What is the project about?
  • It is a 52 week visual project starting July 2010 
  • It is inspired by the idea of acknowledging and appreciating the smaller, often unnoticed things in life, the things that are important to us in some way.
This is the main project page.
Next week: people in my life